Dates and deadlines for 2018 health insurance
You can enroll in or change 2018 Marketplace health insurance right now. The 2018 Open Enrollment Period runs from November 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017.
IMPORTANT: 2018 Open Enrollment is shorter than in previous years
It's important to act quickly. If you don't act by December 15, you can't get 2018 coverage unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Plans sold during Open Enrollment start January 1, 2018.
- November 1, 2017: Open Enrollment started — first day to enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2018 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace
- December 15, 2017: Last day to enroll in or change plans for 2018 coverage. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- January 1, 2018: 2018 coverage starts, if premium paid
Still need 2017 coverage?
Open Enrollment for 2017 health coverage ended January 31, 2017. You can still get 2017 health insurance 2 ways:
- If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to a life event like losing other coverage, getting married, or having a baby.
- If you qualify for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). You can apply any time.
- Or contact us here for assistance.